By Ricardo Alfaro
Alexandria, VA – Old Town North has been witnessing metamorphic change evolving before our eyes over the last two decades. Residential and mixed-use developments, including rental apartments, townhouses, condos, and retail spaces scattered throughout. Among notable additions are the Harris Teeter at The Kingsley, the Gables Old Town North with apartments, restaurants and retail built on the old Giant/ABC Store site. Redevelopment of the abandoned Bus Barn site has just commenced.
Developers are beginning to utilize the Arts District Designation of the Old Town North Small Area Plan to accommodate MetroStage with the condo conversion of the Crowne Plaza Hotel and 1201 North Royal Street, which will have an Art League component. Owners of the shuttered GenOn power plant site have submitted a proposal to the Planning Commission to subdivide this 25-acre parcel.
Join Agenda Alexandria’s panel of experts in a discussion of this incredible transformational change:
· Agnes Artemel, President, Old Town North Alliance
· Christina Mindrup, Vice President, Real Estate, Alexandria Economic Development Partnership
· Maria Wasowski, Alexandria Planning Commissioner
· Mary C. Harris, President, NOTICe, North Old Town Independent Citizens Association
· Michael Wilson, Sr VP, Development and Construction, Carr City Center LLC
What: Transformational Change in North Old Town
When: Monday, March 23, 2020
Time: Reception at 6:30 p.m., program starting at 7:15 p.m.
Cost: $37 program with meal, $5 program only
Where: Coming soon; check our website for this information.