ALEXANDRIA, VA – This morning the Inova Alexandria Hospital Facebook page posted the following announcement:
To protect the health and safety of our patients, their families and staff from the spread of COVID-19, Inova has enacted the following changes to our visitation policy, effective Thursday, March 12, 2020, at 10 a.m.:
• Visiting hours are restricted to two times per day: 10 a.m. to noon, and 6 to 8 p.m.
• Visitation is limited to two visitors per patient at any given time.
• Visitors under the age of 18 are strongly discouraged from entering our facilities.
• Visitors entering an Inova facility will undergo a verbal screening. Individuals answering “yes” to any screening questions will be asked to delay their visit until they are well.
• Visitation will not be allowed for suspected or confirmed patients with COVID-19 or those with active respiratory illness.