Alexandria, VA – Community Foundation friends and supporters are an incredibly important asset for Northern Virginia, and today they ask for your help.
Today they announce the launch of the COVID-19 Response Fund for Northern Virginia. Hosted by the Community Foundation for Northern Virginia, the Fund will collect and provide flexible resources to nonprofits and other programs in our region that work with communities who are disproportionately impacted by coronavirus and the economic consequences of the virus.
The Fund is designed to complement the work of public health officials, and as such, funding decisions will be made in consultation with them around the region.
Operating grants will be awarded to local nonprofit organizations that have deep roots in our community and strong experience working with our most vulnerable neighbors, such as
- The elderly and other high-risk populations who are experiencing a COVID-19 impact, whether they are living at home or in group settings
- Low income families experiencing short term financial crises related to COVID-19
- Residents who are food insecure
- Residents who have no medical insurance or who are underinsured
- Residents who lack access to sick days
- Residents with limited English language proficiency
- Neighbors who are self-quarantined without sufficient support from their families and friends
- Healthcare and gig economy workers, and
- Communities of color
They are actively seeking donors to and partners on the Fund. Please contact them, using the contact information below, if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments.
They will continuously communicate with you all on the status of our efforts, grants that are made possible by the COVID-19 Response Fund, our wonderful local nonprofits who receive the grants and are equipped to translate the Fund’s support into immediate action, and the actual impact of your gifts.
Please be generous! Recommend a grant from your existing donor advised fund or make a gift to the COVID-19 Response Fund for Northern Virginia. And thank you in advance for your help!
- General questions & inquiries about the Fund can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For interested donors and partners, please contact the Community Foundation’s Vice President of Grants and Community Leadership at email@example.com.
- For media inquiries and interview requests, please contact the Community Foundation’s Vice President of Marketing, Communications and Events, Tara Nadel, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To make a donation by check or other assets, contact our Director of Development, Megan Niewold, at email@example.com.