ALEXANDRIA, VA – Visit Alexandria today announced a new web hub called ALX at Home, which brings residents and nearby visitors their favorite Alexandria restaurants, shops and attractions to the comfort of their own home.
From curbside beer-to-go to FaceTime shopping, there are numerous ways to support the independent businesses that make Alexandria so special. Buy a gift card for a future date. Pick up a ready-to-go dinner to make at home. Tap into your creative spirit by taking a live stream writing workshop. We know this is an unprecedented and unsettling time and hope ALX at Home serves as a bright spot and keeps customers connected to the things they love about Alexandria.
ALX at Home features the following with more offerings added daily:
- 50+ restaurant offerings, such as Chop Shop Taco’s Home Meal deal that includes dinner for 4-5 people, zero-contact payment and pickup, a $25 gift card and two rolls of toilet paper, and Bastille’s special menu for curbside take out with select wine bottles also available for $25.
- 15 retail offerings, including AR Workshop’s DIY kits to go and Old Town Books’ Writer’s Retreat care packages, virtual author workshops and more.
- Attraction offerings such as virtual tours and a “Ride it Out” bike rental program from Unlimited Biking.
- Cocktail Corner for Happy Hour at home with instructional videos from The Hour boutique.
- Puppy Love, bringing a daily dose of cuteness from Alexandria’s four-legged friends.
To learn more visit ALXAtHome.com