Alexandria, VA – Papa’s Orchard will be at his regular Saturday and Sunday locations so place your orders orders by 4.00 PM 3/25/20 if possible to ensure they have enough time to assemble orders. They will do their best to accept later orders as well.
There is no home delivery available.
Old Town Farmers Market: Royal Street location, Saturday 7.00 AM until 12.00 PM.
4 Mile Run Market Sunday from 9:00 AM until 1:00 PM. Introducing to Four Mile Run a new exciting line of Fresh Artisan Pasta!
All markets will have product behind the tables and pre-assembled orders will be ready for you.
David says: We are grateful for the 32 years of service to our beloved second home, Alexandria, and look forward to working together to get through this trying time safely.
The following is a list of products available for this week. Prices listed where available and the same as we always charge.
Apples: Standard quantity mixed 5 apples for 6.00; ten for 10.00 and as noted below. 1/2 bushel available; request price
- Ever crisp (Adams County PA or Thurmont MD) 5 for 7
- Honey Crisp (Canada) 5 for 8
- Kiku (New variety, Fuji sport but sweeter with nice crunch; Adams Co PA) 5 for 7
- Fuji Adams Co Pa 5 for 6
- Golden delicious (Adams Co PA) 5 for 6
- Gold rush; ripening nicely right now! (Adams Co PA) 5 for 6
- Pink lady (Adams Co PA) 5 for 6
- Mutsu (Westminster MD) 5 for 6)
- Apple Seconds: 12 for 5 or what deal we usually have for the regulars!
Pears: Our renowned winter pears from the best grower of Hood River Valley Oregon:
- 4 for 5 or 5 for six:
- Bosc (getting to the end)
- Asian Pears 9 getting to the end, have been superb this winter) 2 for 5
Papa’s Famous Fresh Citrus: California except where noted:
- Blood orange 4 for 5
- Cara cara 4 for 5
- Medium navel 1 each
- Large navel 3 for 5
- Minneola Tangelos (peak right now) 5 for 5
- Florida Grapefruit 3 for 5
- Meyer lemon 1 each
- Regular lemon 2 for dollar
- Limes 2 for dollar
- Pomelo fruit large 3 each
- Israeli ‘Holy Land’ Orri mandarins 4 for 5 (fantastic)
Greens & Organic Veggies: All certified Organic From the farm Aaron & Emma Stoltzfus in the heart of Pennsylvania Amish Country. The Best!
- Swiss chard 3 bunch
- Kale 3 bunch
- Bag mixed lettuce 5
- Bag spinach 5
- Scallions 3 bunch
- Red Beets 5 quart box 3 pint
- Excellent Red Cabbage 2 small head 4 large
- Excellent Green Cabbage 3 head
- Organic orange carrots 5 box
- Organic parsnips 5 box
- Chieftain (heirloom variety) Red organic potato 5 box
- Sweet potatoes organic 2.50 pound
Other Veggies & Potatoes:
- Our Next door Neighbor Danny Hall’s famous Eva Potatoes, (Orrtanna PA) These are the best we have ever tasted! 5 large quart box; larger quantities available cheaper
- Sweet Onions ( Fresh Georgia) 3
- Large yellow onions 3 each; 2 for 5
- Butternut (Florida)squash 4 medium 5 large
- Spaghetti squash (Florida)4 medium 6 large
- Sweet Chili Peppers (organic, California) 4 pint; 7 quart
- Broccoli Crowns 5 box
- Florida strawberry 7 quart
- Florida blueberry 4 pint
- Baby Thompson seedless grapes 5 box
- Avocado Mexico) 3
Applesauce, Fresh & Jarred; Cider & related:
Made weekly by David; ‘A New Old Town Tradition’
- Papa’s Fresh apple-pear sauce! Farm: 5 small 8 large
- Papa’s Fresh All Bosc Pear Sauce: 7
- Papa’s Fresh Made Citrus Salad no grapefruit: 6 regular 11 for 16 Ounce
- Papa’s Fresh Made Citrus Salad With Grapefruit & Pomelo: 6 regular 11 16 ounce
Canned for Us by our Neighbor & Friend Rick Kimes, Bear Mountain, Adams County PA.
- Jar: Honey Crisp Apple Sauce (no sugar Added) 6
- Jar: Mixed Adams County Apple sauce, no sugar with spice applesauce with spice 5
- Rick Kimes best in the world canned peaches, not to be missed! 6
- Apple butter no sugar with spice 6
- Apple butter no sugar 6
- No Preservatives mixed Apple Cider 3 quart 6 Â½ gallon. Fresh batch every week
Honey: From Our Adam’s County Pennsylvania Neighbor ; Raw and local; Top Quality at a great Price
- Wild Flower
- 1 pound 9.00
- 2 pound 17
- 5 pound 35
- 1 pound Wild flower comb in 15
- 1 pound Creamed 14
From our good Friend John Wood, one of the areaâ€™s finest pasta chefs, recently unemployed by the Coronavirus Crises. Made from freshly ground flour &organic farm raised eggs, all the best ingredients. Packages are serving for two.
- Rigatoni 10
- Creste de gallo 10
- Fettuccini 10
- Ravioli with Black Truffle ricotta 12