ALEXANDRIA, VA – Repaving Mount Vernon Avenuefrom E. Braddock Road to Commonwealth Avenue, including all lanes.
The duration of this project will be from May 13 to May 25 7:00 am to 5:00 pm, excluding weekends, weather permitting. The work will occur in four-block sections with the intent to complete each section within five days. Please be aware of the following during this project:
- No vehicles may be parked on the affected street sections during the work. Temporary No Parking signs will be posted prior to any construction activity. In the event of delays, temporary signs will be adjusted accordingly.
- Traffic in the immediate and surrounding area may need to be re-directed. Please observe traffic detours and other traffic signs.
- Construction crews have been instructed to minimize impact to overhanging tree branches. Our City Arborist will be monitoring the situation and some minimal removal of low-hanging limbs may be required.
- City T&ES staff will be on the scene for the duration of the project.
- Streets will be re-striped as soon as practical following resurfacing.
For more information about the City’s paving program, visit www.alexandriava.gov/publicworks
You may direct questions or concerns to our 311 staff at 703.746.4357.