Apply starting Wednesday, September 30 at 8 a.m.
ALEXANDRIA, VA – Is your small business struggling during the pandemic? There’s good news! Beginning on Wednesday, September 30 at 8 a.m., applications will be accepted for a second round of the Alexandria Back to Business (ALX B2B) grant program.
Interested parties can apply for a grant until noon on October 5.
According to the Alexandria Department of Community and Human Services, the grants “will be available to qualifying small businesses and certain nonprofits to offset costs and/or investments related to reopening and rescaling their business.”
In July, the Alexandria Economic Development Partnership (AEDP) awarded $3.495 million to 303 businesses negatively affected by COVID-19.
The criteria for the upcoming round, as listed on the ALX B2B website, has been expanded to accommodate many more small businesses. Nonprofit childcare providers will also be considered.
Grant amounts range from $5,000 to $20,000. The amount a business can receive depends on the following:
- 25 percent negative revenue impact attributable to the COVID-19 health emergency
- Licensed business in the City of Alexandria
- Physical location within the City of Alexandria
- In operation as of March 14, 2020
- For-profit small business
- Any entity (for-profit or nonprofit) that provides full-day or part-day childcare services to children 0-13 years of age and is licensed or regulated by a local ordinance or state licensing body
- Business is current on all local business taxes or is on a payment plan with the City
- Not currently involved in business bankruptcy proceedings
- Intend to remain operating in Alexandria through December 31, 2020
- Between 0 – 100 employees
- Locally owned and operated
For complete info, click HERE. To apply, visit the AEDP website on the opening date.