Visit Alexandria Taking Part in Food Drive for Local Hospitality Workers
ALEXANDRIA, VA – Visit Alexandria, Alexandria’s tourism company, is one of 60 organizations, participating in a food drive to benefit hospitality workers impacted by the pandemic.
CVBReps – a membership-based group consisting of destination marketing organizations and convention and visitor bureaus – is hosting the food drive.
Starting Oct. 1 and lasting through Oct. 15, there will have a number of drop-off locations. See the details below, and please note that masks are required when visiting all locations.
- October 1-11: Drop-off donations will be accepted at a collection box available inside the Alexandria Visitor Center, located at 221 King Street from 10 a.m.– 4 p.m. Free 15-minute parking directly outside the Visitor Center is available.
- October 12-13: Unopened canned good donations will be accepted in person by members of CVBReps from 10 a.m.– 4 p.m. at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria Old Town, located at 900 Diagonal Road. Individuals donating items can drive up to the hotel and hand off bagged items to a member of CVBReps.
- October 14: CVBReps and local meeting planners will join forces from 1-4 p.m. to fill donation bags at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria Old Town. If you are a local meeting planner that would like to join, please email Carla Bascope-Hebble at [email protected] or Liz Dane at [email protected].
- October 15: Local hospitality and event industry employees and their families are encouraged to collect canned goods via a drive-thru food distribution at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria Old Town from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Any items not picked up will be donated to United Community, a local food pantry located in Alexandria.
Here is a list of accepted items:
- Canned meat
- Canned soups
- Shelf stable and powdered milk
- Cereal, granola bars and grains
- Pasta and pasta sauce
- Canned vegetables
- Canned tomatoes
- Cooking oils
- Peanut butter
- Pet food
CVBReps has partnered with Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria Old Town, United Community, Destinations International, and Professional Marketing Services, Inc. to make this food drive a success. American Feed Industry Association has donated pet food that will be included in distribution bags
ICYMI: First Night in Alexandria a Go on New Year’s Eve