The City of Alexandria Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities is celebrating “Rock Your Park” by offering free Community Open Play this winter, the end of 2013 through the beginning of 2014, on synthetic turf fields at Ben Brenman Park and Witter Recreational Fields. Tuesdays and Thursdays through February 16, 2014, families, friends and neighbors of all ages are encouraged to be active by playing soccer, lacrosse, touch football, rugby, Frisbee and much more. Ben Brenman Park, 4800 Brenman Park Drive and Witter Recreational Fields, 2700 Witter Drive are open Tuesdays and Thursdays 6 – 9 pm and Saturdays and Sundays 11 am – 5 pm.
“Rock Your Park” Guidelines:
• Show courtesy to all other field users.
• No permits or registration will be required and use will be on a first come, first served basis.
• No uniformed teams or structured games allowed.
• Participants must provide their own equipment/balls.
• Tennis shoes or turf shoes only.
• When more than two pick up teams are playing, a 15 minute time limit will be enforced for each game. Winners of the game will be allowed to stay on the field for a maximum of three games in a row. Pick up teams must sign up with staff person.
• No pets, smoking, alcohol, or music allowed at the fields.
• Youth 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or adult chaperone.
For additional information, contact Mac Slover at 703.746.5402 or [email protected].