If you would like help applying for financial aid to pay for college, the Scholarship Fund of Alexandria invites you to a FAFSA Completion Workshop at T.C. Williams High School, 3330 King St., Alexandria, on Tuesday, February 23rd. Drop by any time between 5 and 8pm for a free pizza dinner and confidential assistance from financial aid professionals. Free interpretation will be provided with registration (www.acps.k12.va.us/face-centers/).
Every senior should fill out the FAFSA to qualify for money from the federal government, the Commonwealth of Virginia, and colleges. Filling out the FAFSA is free and takes less than 30 minutes. It does not include essays or consider students’ grades. Please do not delay in filling out the FAFSA – many colleges award financial aid dollars first come, first served!
What: FAFSA Completion Workshop
When: Tuesday, February 23d from 5-8pm
Where: T.C. Williams High School | Room C-206
Please bring the following documents you will need to complete the FAFSA:
- Social Security Numbers for student & parents (if parents do not have SSN, that is okay, just enter all zeros in place of SSN)
- Alien registration or permanent resident card for student & parents (non U.S. citizens)
- Dates of birth, email address, and mailing address for student & parents
- Parent’s marital status & date of that status (month/year of marriage or separation)
- Month/year student & parents became state residents (if within the last 5 years)
- 2015 W-2 Forms & 1040 Income Tax Returns for parents & student (if applicable)
- If 2015 are not available, bring 2014 & recent pay-stub to estimate 2015 income
- 2015 untaxed income records – Veterans non-education benefit records, child support received, disability, or worker’s compensation
- Family’s current bank statements, business & investment records
For more information, contact the Scholarship Fund of Alexandria’s Director of College Advising, Margaret Feldman, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 824-6730.