September 10 – 16 Take Advantage of Free Offers and Discounts in Del Ray
During National Wellness Week (Sept. 10-16), local wellness businesses in the Del Ray neighborhood of Alexandria will feature free classes, educational ta”lks, and discounts throughout the week. The Well Ray businesses of the Del Ray Business Association are dedicated to providing the community with services that contribute to a strong foundation of wellness. Please join us for the following:
Monday, Sept. 11
- 12pm-1pm: Free Mindfulness Hour by Four Directions Wellness (2001 Mount Vernon Avenue)
- 4pm-5:30pm: Open house at Counseling of Alexandria (2104 Mount Vernon Avenue), featuring a Q&A about parenting and child emotional & behavioral development.
- 6:30pm-7:30pm and 7:30pm-8:30pm): Outdoor spin classes with Ascend Cycle on the 2400 block of Mount Vernon Avenue, featuring free giveaways. Sign up at www.ascendcycle.com
Tuesday, Sept. 12
- 12pm-1pm: Caring Acupuncture (2111 Eisenhower Ave, Ste 402) will host a wellness talk “Energy and Wellness Talk” by Lindsey Godwasser of Wholesome Health.
- 6:30pm-7:30pm: Free Flow Yoga class at the Bean Creative Field (2200 block of Mount Vernon Avenue) hosted by Wholesome Health with Lindsey, followed by a health coach Q&A.
Wednesday, Sept. 13
- 5pm-6pm: Educational talk at Dental Excellence (3116 Mount Vernon Avenue). Please RSVP to Mari at [email protected].
- 6:30pm-7:30pm Free Cool Yoga class by Maureen Clyne at the Just ASK Publications & Professional Development Parking lot (1900 Mount Vernon Ave). The class ends with an essential oil and guided meditation for relaxation by Del Ray Psychological & Wellness Associates. Yoga powered by @Home Real Estate Lounge & Design and sponsored by Just ASK Publications & Professional Development. After class refreshments served by Bon Vivant Cafe + Farm Market and ketone samples provided by Dr. Lola Capps of Chrysalis Chiropractic of Alexandria.
- 7:30pm-8pm: Licensed physical therapists from ProFlex Physical Therapy will be at the Just ASK Publications & Professional Development Parking lot (1900 Mount Vernon Ave) to offer free screenings to attendees who wish to have an injury or condition examined to help them determine whether or not physical therapy would be beneficial. For more information, visit www.proflexpt.com.
Thursday, Sept. 14
- 6:30pm-7:30pm: Free Hawt Pilates Boot Camp by Mind the Mat Pilates & Yoga at Bean Creative field (2200 block of Mount Vernon Avenue).
Friday, Sept. 15
- 4pm-6pm: Wings & Wellness at Pork Barrel BBQ (2312 Mount Vernon Avenue). Please join the Well Ray community for “Wings & Wellness”! Get to know your local wellness providers and the wide variety of services they have to offer and enjoy some wings!
- Alexandria Children’s Dentistry of Del Ray: Schedule a “happy visit” tour of the office (609 E. Monroe Ave) to better get to know them. Contact Amber at [email protected].
Visit Bellies & Babies Consignment Boutique (1913 Mount Vernon Avenue) anytime during Wellness Week to enter a raffle for a 50-minute Reflexology session with Virginia Patton, certified Reflexologist from the renowned International Institute of Reflexology.
Visit Acupuncture in Del Ray (3140 Commonwealth Ave.) to enter a drawing for a free food therapy consultation.
- Acupuncture in Del Ray (3140 Commonwealth Avenue) will offer food therapy consultations in-office for $85 (regular price $95; limit one per person). This will come with recipes and suggestions for fall foods. Special price valid when appointment is booked by October 3, 2017. For more information, visit www.acupunctureindelray.com
- Core Wellness (2212 Mount Vernon Avenue) will offer an introductory 30-minute Infrared Sauna Session for $20 (regularly $30) from Sept 11-15. Discounted Packages will also be available for purchase during this time:10 Pack/$250 or 30 Pack/$500. For more information, visit www.alexandriaphysicaltherapist.com
- Ease Yoga & Cafe (3051 Mount Vernon Avenue) has a special discount for new clients: 30 days unlimited yoga for $30! Fore more information, visit www.easeyogacafe.com
- FIT4MOM Arlington- Alexandria is offering a free week of classes for all new participants and 10% all monthly packages. For more information and a class schedule, visit
- Foundation Fitness (2305 Mount Vernon Avenue) is offering $35 per session for the first month with the purchase of a minimum four month contract, plus a complimentary assessment and free introductory session. Contact CJ Wesby at www.foundationfit.com.
- Healing Tree (2101 Mount Vernon Avenue): is offering a $10 discount off massages of 60 minutes or longer with Maryellen Thorpe and 1/2 off an initial chiropractic appointment Monday through Friday with Dr. Cindy Durakis. For more information, visit www.healingtr.com
- Mind the Mat Pilates & Yoga (2214 Mount Vernon Avenue) is offering $99/month Deluxe Membership PLUS 15% OFF workshops, class packages & expert series. For more information, visit www.mindthemat.com
- Mount Vernon Family Therapy Associates LLC (1707 Belle View Blvd) is offering free Heart Math Sessions. Contact Cara Shirley at www.mountvernontherapy.com for more information.
- Solutions Physical Therapy (225 Reinekers Ln) is offering mobility packages with a free mobility evaluation. For more information,l visit www.solutionsphysicaltherapy.com
- Tippi Toes DC is offering 50% off annual enrollment fee. For more information and class schedules, contact Claire Portolese at www.TippiToesDC.com
- Xtend Barre Old Town (1701 Duke St, Suite 160): Special Offers for New Clients: First Class Free & 1-Month of Unlimited Classes for $99. www.xtendbarreoldtown.com
- YMCA Alexandria (420 E. Monroe Ave.) offers trial memberships, personal training consultations, group exercise classes, and more. Contact Aaron Riley for membership information, or visit https://www.ymcadc.org/ branch.cfm?bid=02
Wellness Week in Del Ray is sponsored by the Wellness Group of the Del Ray Business Association, which represents the independently-owned health and wellness businesses in the Del Ray neighborhood of Alexandria. For more information, visit www.visitdelray.com.