One day can make a world of difference. That day is Wednesday, April 25 for Spring2ACTion, Alexandria’s Giving Day.. Spring2ACTion is a 24-hour online giving day that helps donors make a difference for the charitable causes they care about most. This event is hosted by ACT for Alexandria, the community foundation and its generous sponsors. It will raise more than $1 million dollars to benefit the Alexandria community.
- Eat at Alexandria Restaurant Partners restaurants and Donate to Spring2ACTion. 5% of proceeds from Hi-Tide Lounge, Lena’s Wood Fired Pizza, The Majestic, Mia’s Italian Kitchen, Vola’s Dockside Grill and Virtue Feed & Grain will be donated.
- Show your proof of donation and get a FREE donut at Sugar Shack.
- South Block Juice Co. (both in Old Town and Del Ray) will donate 15% of sales to Spring2ACTion.
- Get a free cup of coffee from 8 -10 am at Stomping Ground when you show proof of donation, hosted by The Jen Walker Team in Del Ray
- Swing2ACTion with Access National Bank for a putting contest and ice cream social from 11am – 4pm.
- Dine at Del Ray Café and they will donate 5% of proceeds to At Home in Alexandria.
- Shop at Today’s Cargo and they will donate 10% of proceeds to Rebuilding Together Alexandria!
- Shop at Periwinkle where they will donate 20% of proceeds to Spring2ACTion
- Shop at Vintage Mirage and they will donate 10% of sales to the Alexandria Police Youth Camp
- Grant Thornton and Capitol Post will host its monthly Bunker Brews at Theismann’s Restaurant and Bar from 5-7 pm. Grant Thornton will match every donation made to Capitol Post’s mission to empower military veterans as leaders in entrepreneurship.
- ACT for Alexandria, ALX Community and Alexandria Restaurant Partners will host a #Spring2ACTion Happy Hour at ALX Community from 6-8 pm.
During the month of April, Yates Automotive will donate 2 cents for every gallon purchased to Spring2ACTion. Nickels for Nonprofits at Whole Foods will benefit ACT for Alexandria during April, May and June. And, all three Comfort One Shoes’ Alexandria locations will donate 5% of customer’s sales to six nonprofits of the customer’s choosing.
For more information, pictures and events taking place for Spring2ACTion, please visit Kim or Brandi, or visit www.Spring2ACTion.org
About ACT for Alexandria
Launched in 2004, ACT for Alexandria (ACT) is a community foundation that seeks to turn ideas into action and resources into results. For more information about ACT and how you can support the pressing needs of the nonprofit community in Alexandria, contact ACT at 703-739-7778 or visit www.actforalexandria.org.