In cooperation with the Library of Virginia, Alexandria Library now offers the following new additions to its digital resource offerings:
- Early World of Learning, World Book Online’s early childhood digital resource, is a child’s first encyclopedia, eBook, and introduction to core early concepts. With read-aloud across all functions, the 60 stories in “World of Reading” and “Trek’s Travels” tie learning together through videos, games, and printable activities. Twelve stories are available in both Spanish and English, and the worksheets also offer written instructions in Spanish. Classic songs, nursery rhymes, and fairy tales complete the program, and are often included in the lesson plan for each story.
- EBSCO MasterFILE Premier provides full-text magazines, reference books and primary source documents. It also includes an extensive image collection containing photos, maps and flags.
- EBSCO ReadIt! is designed for middle and high school students and adults who have a basic foundation in English grammar and reading but need adapted reading material for a variety of subjects. It offers resources to help build background knowledge, conduct research and improve study skills.
- Gale Career Transitions is an online career guidance center that walks users through the job-search process from beginning to end. It brings together all the tools needed to explore and take the leap to a new career. Career Transitions employs a step-by-step approach to help people: 1) explore new career possibilities; 2) assess their interests and experience; 3) identify ways to improve their prospects, including networking and education; 4) prepare for a job search; and 5) search and apply for jobs.
- Gale Legal Forms provides a wide selection of state-specific (and multi-state) legal forms across the most popular legal areas. It includes real estate contracts, wills, pre-marital agreements, bankruptcy, divorce, landlord tenant and many others. Also included is a comprehensive attorney state directory and a dictionary of legal definitions explained in layman’s language.
- Novelist Plus offers reading recommendations for fiction and non-fiction, read-alike and listen-alike recommendations, series information and award winners all in one place.
- Rocket Languages use interactive audio, language and cultural lessons with reinforcement activities to help learn a foreign language.
These resources are located on their website and can be accessed from within the library and from home.