Alexandria, VA – Rising 7th, 8th and 9th graders – enter “For Love of Country: In My Own Words,” an essay and poetry contest, and win up to $100!
Just create an essay or poem on the topic: Who has influenced your life, and why?
Alexandria Library will distribute multiple awards in each of the following categories:
- $100 Gold
- $50 Silver
- $25 Bronze
- Certificates of Merit
RULES & GUIDELINES
- All students entering 7th, 8th and 9th grade, as of September 2019 are eligible for the contest.
- All work submitted must be original work.
- One entry per student is permitted (one essay or one poem).
- Essay will be judged on: originality and creativity, persuasiveness, clarity, coherence and organization, grammar and spelling.
- Poetry will be judged on: originality and creativity, relevance to contest topic, clarity and coherence, spelling
- Submit one copy of your work online using the form below by September 7, 2019, at 5 p.m.
- Essay/poem must be accompanied with a completed cover sheet.
- The winners will be notified by October; prizes will be awarded during the Awards Ceremony on Sunday, October at Beatley Central Library.
- Essays/poems will not be returned.
For more information or to submit your online entry, go to: https://alexlibraryva.org/floc