Alexandria, VA – The Common Plate Hospitality team (Urbano 116, Mason Social, Catch on The Ave) has completed a full renovation of the early 1800s historic building at 1106 King Street Alexandria VA 22314. The renovations of the building included:
- Creating the largest outdoor patio along King Street that blends both modern industrial design elements and historic materials.
- The space houses modern and historic reclaimed design elements, with custom wall art featured throughout the space.
- Prominently displayed above the 1st floor bar is a turn of the century industrial mahogany wood beam salvaged from the banks of the Potomac River near the old Robinson Terminal warehouse.
- Reclaimed barn wood, tin, exposed brick, stone fireplaces (not operable) wide plank wood flooring, custom millwork, fabricated steel, custom tile and sleek poured concrete tops fill the space.
- Hand crafted epoxy panels with recycled broken beer bottles highlight both indoor bars. The glass was used from recycled bottles at Mason Social.
- Custom art by Matt McMullen accentuate the space including a stunning rendition of St Augustine.
- Lighting connects both the indoor and outdoor space which is highlighted by 4 large operable industrial doors spanning the historic building.
- Salvaged signs are placed throughout the space, including Alexandria Marine sign from the 1940’s waterfront business.
The building now features a restaurant space with:
- 2 floors inside with seating for 140
- casual dining downstairs and seated dining upstairs with accommodations for large parties
- huge outdoor heated patio with 3 big screen TVs and seating for 75
- TVs inside and outside
Chef Alam Mendez Florian (Urbano 116) and Chad Sparrow are manning the kitchen with a menu that includes 10 mussels options, appetizers, sandwiches, salads, and the famous Augie’s Burger! The bar has 35 taps with local and international beers. FYI, brunch is coming soon too. There are also private event capabilities and are currently booking holiday parties, rehearsal dinners and corporate events!