Alexandria, VA – The change in weather can have an effect on our bodies, and the owner of Chrysalis Chiropractic has some tips to keep you feeling your best.
Doctors Lola and David Capps have been realigning joints and spines in Del Ray for the last 16 years at 3140 Commonwealth Ave. They’ve seen it all, from professional dancers to truck drivers, and have insightful professional advice on feeling awesome this fall!
Top Five Posture Tips From Dr. Lola Capps
1. Drink more water. Hydration helps your cells so that they do what they are supposed to do, and flushes out the toxins from your system.
2. Get more rested sleep. Sleeping is when you do a majority of your healing and your body repairs itself. Otherwise, you’ll be more stressed and achy.
3. Move more. It doesn’t always need to be exercise. Get up from your desk every half hour and move around. Put your hands in the air and roll your shoulders. We’re not made to be sitting all day.
4. Eat healthy food. Try to not have all of your meals come from a box. It causes inflammation and makes it harder for your body to do what you want it to do. Eat too much sugar? It might be why your shoulders hurt.
5. Don’t roll your shoulders. I find that lots of people sit with their shoulders rolled forward. I tell people to not think about rolling their shoulders together, but to engage the back muscles and to try touch your shoulder blades together. You’ll never be able to do that, but eventually your body will tell itself that that is the natural position that you’re supposed to be in.