Alexandria, VA – Beginning Saturday, October 26, Alexandrians who qualify to vote absentee for the November 5 General Election may cast their ballots in person at the Charles E. Beatley Jr. Central Library (5005 Duke St.), or the Alexandria Voter Registration Office (132 N. Royal St.).
Many Alexandria voters are eligible to vote absentee, for example, if they are:
- Away from Alexandria on Election Day for work, personal business, vacation or school.
- Working and commuting for 11 or more hours, between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m., on Election Day.
- Physically unable to go to the polls because of an illness or disability.
- A caregiver for a confined family member.
- A “first responder” (firefighter, law enforcement, emergency medical technician, search and rescue).
- Active duty military (or a spouse or dependent of someone serving in the military).
- An authorized representative of a political party or candidate (serving inside the polling place).
Absentee Voting in Person
To cast an in-person absentee ballot, go to one of the sites listed below during the scheduled hours. The deadline for casting an absentee ballot in person is Saturday, November 2, at 5 p.m.
Charles E. Beatley Jr. Central Library (5005 Duke St.):
- Saturday, October 26, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Monday, October 28, 1-8 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 29, 1-8 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 30,1-8 p.m.
- Thursday October 31,1-8 p.m.
- Friday, November 1,1-5 p.m.
- Saturday, November 2,10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Office of Voter Registrations and Elections (132 N. Royal St., #100):
- Saturday, October 26, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Monday, October 28, 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 29, 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 30, 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Thursday, October 31, 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Friday, November 1, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday, November 2, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Absentee Voting By Mail
The deadline to apply for an absentee ballot by mail is Tuesday, October 29. Applications must be received in the Voter Registration Office on that day by 5 p.m.
Voters may also submit absentee ballot applications online at vote.elections.virginia.gov. They may also get paper applications at alexandriava.gov/Elections, or by contacting the Alexandria Voter Registration Office at 703.746.4050.
What is on the Ballot?
The November 5 ballot in Alexandria includes contests for Virginia State Senate (30th, 35th or 39th District) and House of Delegates (45th or 46th District) as well as Alexandria Clerk of Court. All regular polling places will be open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
For complete information on this election, including sample ballots, voting districts, precinct maps and photo ID requirements, visit alexandriava.gov/Elections.
For more information, contact Anna Leider, General Registrar and Director of Elections, Office of Voter Registration, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.746.4050.
For reasonable disability accommodation, contact email@example.com or 703.746.4050 or Virginia Relay 711.