Alexandria, VA – This week is Virginia School Principals Appreciation Week, a special time to show our principals how much they are valued by our school community for their work throughout the year.
Virginia Governor Ralph Northam designated this week as School Principal Appreciation Week, declaring it “an opportunity to recognize the hard work of Virginia Principals and to recognize the importance of principals in ensuring that every child has access to quality education.”
Here are some ways you can help recognize our principals for the important role they play in the education of our children:
- Have your child hand-write a letter or draw a picture expressing thanks.
- Take a photo with your principal and post it social media explaining why you value and appreciate them. Tag your school and use the hashtag #ThxACPSPrincipals so we can help spread the word.
- Tell us what makes your principal special on Facebook and Twitter.
- Write a letter to your child’s principal about the impact they have had on your school and your child.
- Volunteer in your child’s school to do a task you would not otherwise do.
- Give a bouquet of flowers to brighten their day (no food please!).
- Tell your principal ‘thank you’ in person.
However you choose to do it, make a special point this week to thank your principal.