Alexandria, VA – Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation needs your help more than ever this year! The City of Alexandria has canceled their Walk & Family Festival due to the impact of the Coronavirus. Help fund Mattie Miracle’s programs and initiatives by walking to raise money.
Childhood cancer does not take a break for a pandemic. The psycho-social consequences on children and their families are even greater now, as families now are worrying about rescheduling treatment, postponing surgery, and being isolated from one another while in the hospital.
10% of Walk proceeds will fund Coronavirus Family Relief Grants, directly supporting children with cancer & their families at Children’s Hospital at Sinai.
Here’s How it Works This Year:
There is no physical event. The Walk and raffle are virtual.
- Everyone registers as a virtual walker (individual or team).
- Registered participants will compete for top fundraising awards.
- You can sponsor, donate, and purchase raffle tickets on-line.
- Top four registered walkers with the most steps taken on May 17th will receive a prize.
- 1st Prize for kids/teens: Nintendo Switch Lite 1st Prize for adults: Port City Tasting for 4 & Gifts
- 2nd Prize: Air Pods Pro
- 3rd Prize: Apple TV
- 4th Prize: $50 iTunes Gift Card
** ALL AWARDS, PRIZES, & RAFFLE ITEMS WILL BE MAILED TO RECIPIENTS.
On May 17th, you help fund Mattie Miracle’s programs and initiatives by walking:
- Walkers track their steps (at home, outside, in your backyard, etc) using a step counter/activity tracker.
- Post videos and photos showing your Mattie Miracle spirit to our social media pages – be sure to use #MMCFWALK
- The top registered walkers with the greatest number of steps will win a prize.
- Send or Post a photo of your total step count by noon (in your time zone) to Mattie Miracle’s social media accounts or email us ([email protected]). Remember to use #MMCFWALK