Alexandria, VA – As Northern Virginia enters Phase 2 today, Friday, June 12, AWLA adoptions are still virtual. The Animal Welfare League of Alexandria continues to be a resource for our community while putting the safety of the public, our team and the animals in our care at the forefront.
During Phase 2, the AWLA will continue to:
- Provide a virtual adoption process to help homeless animals find families. Learn more about virtual adoptions HERE.
- Be available by appointment for found animals and animal surrenders.
- Supply families in need with pet food and supplies. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for supplies from our Pet Pantry.
- Offer virtual engagement events for all ages. View our events HERE.
- Assist with concerns about domestic or wild animals. Call 703-746-4444 to reach Alexandria’s Animal Services.
While currently open by appointment only, they are working to prepare the shelter to allow members of the public to safely visit in the near future, so look for more to come about in-person visiting.
You can always find the most current operating status on their website and reach their staff by calling 703-746-4774 or emailing email@example.com.
See a related story about the positive side of a pandemic.