ALEXANDRIA, VA – Alexandria Restaurant Week has some changes this year in light of the pandemic. From August 21 to 30, customers can enjoy Alexandria Restaurant Week To-Go.
More than 60 of Alexandria’s best restaurants are participating. There is an online menu to browse offerings. To view, click HERE.
Visit Alexandria began Alexandria Restaurant Week in 2009. A little over a decade later, it is a popular summertime event that supports local restaurants and boosts Alexandria’s economy. And help is needed right now.
Takeout dinners for two are $49 in neighborhoods throughout the city, including Old Town, Carlyle, the West End, Del Ray and Eisenhower. All participating restaurants will offer curbside pickup. Some will offer delivery.
Menu highlights include:
- Magnolia’s on King, a newly Black-owned business under Leonard Holton, a local Old Town sommelier and restaurateur, menu featuring Louisiana Style Cajun Gumbo and Banana Bread Pudding with Rum Butter Sauce
- Tequila and Taco’s two meal packages – the Tacos and Margaritas meal, which includes your choice of six tacos and fresh-squeezed mason jar margaritas, and the Fajitas Meal, which includes Homemade Key Lime Pie
- Yunnan by Potomac, a southwestern Chinese noodle house recommended by The Washington Post, offering the choice of two small plates with options including the Pork Pelly Bun and Baked Potato Rice, dumplings such as the Chicken Basil or Garden Party and two mixian rice-noodle bowls with options including the Muogu Shitake or Braised Beef Lu
- Hops N Shine’s 10 days of brisket meals for a family of 4, including Baby Back Ribs, Carne Asada and Margaritas, and Cajun Jambalaya
- Bottles of wine included in meal packages from Daniel O’Connell’s Irish Restaurant and Bar, Haute Dogs & Fries, and Bugsy’s Pizza Restaurant. Wine or beer included in meal packages from Pork Barrel BBQ and Rus Uz – Alexandria
For more information, click HERE or call 703-838-5005.