Duo plans to help Metro area communities in 'immediate ways'
ALEXANDRIA, VA – There’s an exciting new trend happening in broadcast media right now. Individuals and businesses are creating TV channels and radio stations of their own. The Zebra Press has done it with Z-TV LIVE!. And elsewhere in the DC area, some veteran radio personalities are getting in on the fun.
Tommy McFLY and Kelly Collis, who formerly hosted “The Tommy Show on Mix 107.3 and 94.7 FRESH FM, now bring their chemistry to a new creation. Debuting on Oct. 2, “The Tommy + Kelly Show” is part of an extended lineup for a new 24/7 streaming app The app is called Real. Fun. DC.
“In a way, Tommy and I have been creating fun DC-centric content for years, and have become friends with others that are doing the same thing in their industries,” Collis told The Zebra about the creation of Real. Fun. DC. “We thought this would be a great way to bring a few of those shows together in one place.”
Here is the initial lineup of shows:
- The Tommy + Kelly Show” – The radio show favorite, previously heard on Washington-area stations MIX107.3 and 94.7 Fresh FM as “The Tommy Show”, provides playful conversation, positive energy, and a much-needed dose of morning fun.
- “Industry Night” – Hospitality expert Nycci Nellis uncovers everything there is to know about dining out, eating local, food and adult beverage trends, and more.
- “Yes Another Podcast” – Carlos Rice and his eclectic cast of friends explore hip hop culture, social issues, entertainment, and the news of the day.
- “Neeks at Night” – DJ Neekola streams the best music mix of pop, dance, electronic, and downtempo, and conversation with the DJs and producers who set the nightlife vibe in DC and around the world.
- “Real. Fun. Sports. with Courtney Laughlin” – TV hockey analyst, former college hockey player, and coach, Courtney covers the play-by-plays of the day and chats with athletes, coaches, and VIPs in the world of sports throughout DC and beyond.
- “Unplugged Alarm Clock” – A collection of acoustic and live cuts from popular artists and plenty of new discoveries eases DC into its day.
According to a press release, Real. Fun. DC. “exists to serve the DC community with positive, relevant, engaging content that reflects the best of the region.” To keep creating new content, Real. Fun. DC. is looking for members who want to join the team. Yes, there are new shows on the horizon.
The Real. Fun. DC. app can be found at Apple’s App Store and on Google Play. Listen on smart speakers by saying, Alexa, launch Real.Fun.DC.” or “Hey Google. Talk to Real.Fun.DC.”
Listen now at RealFunDC.com. On-Demand content is available through various streaming services, including Spotify, Apple, and iHeart Radio.
“Whether it’s brightening teachers’ days with Virginia Lottery scratchers and Georgetown Cupcakes during our annual #TeacherTour, helping to lay wreaths at Arlington National Cemetery during the holidays, or surprising Alexandria senior shoppers with PenFed Visa gift cards, Real.Fun.DC. is built on community service,” said McFLY. “By adding more shows and reach, we hope to serve community needs in immediate ways and build annual initiatives that do good as well.”