Sun Safety Tips for Labor Day Weekend
ALEXANDRIA, VA -Labor Day weekend marks the unofficial end of summer. It is one more chance for your family to celebrate the season before another school year gets into full swing. Whether you head to the beach or enjoy a backyard cookout, remember to protect yourself from the sun.
Remember these sun safety tips:
• Always use sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30, even when it is cloudy. Reapply sunscreen at least every 2 hours.
• Wide brimmed hats help protect your ears and neck from the sun.
• Drink plenty of fluids throughout the day in order to stay hydrated.
• Wear appropriate light-weight clothing.
• Wear sunglasses that block ultraviolet (UV) rays
• Take advantage of shade whenever possible. Remember the sun’s UV rays are most intense between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
• Avoid strenuous outdoor activity in the heat. Take frequent breaks in a cool place.
Have a great Labor Day weekend!
Wreaths Across America Asks All To Remember 9/11 Anniversary