There will be no Blue or Yellow line Metrorail train service between the National Airport station and the Arlington Cemetery (Blue) and L’Enfant Plaza (Yellow) stations on Saturday, January 12 and Sunday, January 13. The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) will use this weekend closure to install new, brighter energy-efficient lighting at the Pentagon, Crystal City, and Pentagon City stations. The station closures will also allow Metro to perform additional track work, including concrete grout pad replacement.
WMATA has been working with the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority to inform airport travelers about the work, scheduled to coincide with lighter post-holiday travel at the Reagan National Airport Station.
Free shuttle buses will replace trains between Braddock Road and Rosslyn on both Saturday and Sunday. Customers should allow approximately 30 minutes of additional travel time for shuttle bus service.
- Pentagon, Pentagon City and Crystal City stations closed
- Free shuttle buses will be provided as follows:
* Blue Line Shuttle (No stop at National Airport) – every 5-10 minutes between Braddock Rd, Crystal City, Pentagon City, Pentagon, Rosslyn
* DC-Airport Express Shuttle – every 5-10 minutes between Reagan National Airport and L’Enfant Plaza Metro Station in Downtown D.C.
* Pentagon-Airport Shuttle – every 15 minutes between Reagan National Airport, Crystal City, Pentagon City, Pentagon only
- Blue Line trains will operate regular weekend service between Franconia-Springfield and Reagan National Airport and between Arlington Cemetery and Largo Town Center. After 7 p.m., trains will run between Rosslyn and Largo Town Center.
- Yellow Line trains will operate at regular weekend intervals between Huntington and Reagan National Airport only.
Traveling to/from Reagan National Airport:
From Braddock Road and points south: Use Metrorail. Blue and Yellow line trains will operate between National Airport and Franconia-Springfield and Huntington.
From Pentagon, Pentagon City or Crystal City: Take the Pentagon-Airport Shuttle from Pentagon, Pentagon City or Crystal City to Reagan National Airport.
From D.C. and points north: Take Metrorail to L’Enfant Plaza and transfer to DC-Airport Express Shuttle (7th & D Street exit).
Traveling to/from Arlington Cemetery:
Blue Line trains will provide service between Largo Town Center and Arlington Cemetery until 7 p.m. each day. There will be no service to/from points south (e.g. Pentagon), and no shuttle bus service at Arlington Cemetery.
WMATA is also planning a weekend shutdown that will impact riders traveling from or through Alexandria on January 26 and 27. The King St, Eisenhower Ave, Van Dorn St, Franconia-Springfield and Huntington stations will be closed on both Saturday, January 26 and Sunday, January 27. More details will be made available at wmata.com/service/track-work.cfm.
For more information on this weekend’s work, please visit wmata.com/weekend.