Alexandria, VA – Ah, the Autumn season will soon be upon us. The hot days of summer start giving way to cooler, crisper days, crunchy leaves will blanket yards and sidewalks, and high school seniors and their families start getting serious about preparing for college. What an exciting time!
Every high school senior should fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to qualify for money for college but it can be a confusing process. In order to help all T.C Williams High School seniors and their families, a FAFSA completion workshop will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 2 in room C-206 at T.C. Williams. The whole process should only take 45 minutes so families are encouraged to drop by anytime between 4 to 7:30 p.m.
Not only will families get assistance with FAFSA, but also get a free McDonald’s chicken sandwich. Winner winner, chicken dinner, indeed!
Please bring the following documents you will need to complete the FAFSA:
- Social Security Numbers for student & parents (if parents do not have SSN, that’s okay, just enter all zeros in place of SSN)
- Alien registration or permanent resident card for students who are not U.S. citizens
- Dates of birth, email addresses (with passwords), & mailing address for student & parents
- Parent’s marital status & date of that status (month/year of marriage or separation/divorce)
- Month/year student & parents became state residents (if within the last 5 years)
- 2018 W-2 Forms & 1040 Income Tax Returns for parents & student (if applicable)
- 2018 untaxed income records – Veterans non-education benefit records, child support received, disability, or worker’s compensation
- Estimate of current amounts in student and parent savings, checking, and investment accounts
For more information, contact the Scholarship Fund of Alexandria’s Director of College Advising, Margaret Feldman, at [email protected] or (703) 824-6730. Additionally, if you have any questions about how citizenship status may impact FAFSA eligibility, please contact Ms. Feldman for a confidential conversation.
Interpretation services will be provided with online registration: http://bit.ly/Oct2FACE
Please contact the ACPS Family and Community Engagement Center at (703) 619-8414 if you need assistance with registration.
An additional FAFSA Workshop will be held on Wednesday, November 13th from 4pm to 7:30 pm.