Alexandria VA – Join the last clean-up for the year along the shoreline of Four Mile Run. With the shorter days they’ll keep to a quick 90-minute morning clean-up focused on litter that has accumulated along the Arlington shoreline following the recent rains. Sturdy shoes are recommended.
Clean waterways are important to the health of the region, and you can help Four Mile Run get the new year off to a good start! Land-based clean-ups work on areas that are more accessible when vegetation is dormant, and places where they can get to larger items. Meet at the plaza area next to the Four Mile Run Conservatory Center.
RSVP to receive additional details and updates.
WHEN/WHERE TO MEET: Meet at 8:30 am Saturday the 28th by the Four Mile Run Conservatory Center (the red building), 4109 Mount Vernon Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22305. There is parking there, as well as between the farmers market plaza and the Mount Vernon Avenue bridge, approximate address 4133 Mount Vernon Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22305. Please be prompt!
WHAT TO EXPECT: They will cross the Mount Vernon Avenue bridge to cover the Arlington shoreline. There are a few spots where litter has concentrated, as well as areas that are prone to wind-borne and tide-borne items.
- Snacks, trash grabbers, bags, & gloves will be provided
- There will be a water jug for refilling water bottles or using paper cups
- Mud boots are helpful, but sturdy shoes are essential. They have a few sets of waders/boots available
- Dress for warmth, with clothes that you wouldn’t mind getting dirty
- Other helpful items: reusable water bottle, hat, multi-tool or pocket knife
They intend to wrap up at 10:00 am, but it is fine if you wish to stay longer.
If you have any questions and to RSVP, email: [email protected] or call 703-822-5741.
Please consider donating to help fund park improvements.