ALEXANDRIA, VA – Al’s Steak House, 1504 Mount Vernon Avenue,is celebrating 65 years as the “King of Cheesesteaks” by giving back.
To celebrate the milestone, Al’s is donating 65 cents for every sub sold during the month of January to Community Lodgings.
For over 30 years, Community Lodgings’ mission has been to lift families from homelessness and instability to independence and self-sufficiency through Transitional Housing, Affordable Housing and our Youth Education Programs. They offer tutoring, counseling and many other support structures to these families.
Al’s has provided their annual children’s Christmas breakfast for the past few years and hopes to set some cheesesteak sales records to help support the organization.
Originally opened in 1955 by Al Martino, Al’s Steak House has been a landmark in the Del Ray neighborhood of Alexandria, Virginia. When John Severson took over in 1965, the loyal customer base had grown dramatically. Al’s became known as the ‘go-to’ place to get the best Philly cheese steak sub in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area.