Alexandria, VA Today is the day the semifinalist list of James Beard Award nominees is presented. Watch for the down select on March 25 to five finalists, and the winners are announced at the annual gala in Chicago on May 4.
Best New Restaurant
- Evrim Dogu and Evin Dogu, Sub Rosa Bakery, Richmond, VA
Outstanding Bar Program
No local Selection
- Marcel’s, Washington, D.C.
Outstanding Pastry Chef
- Katherine Thompson, Thompson Italian, Falls Church, VA
Outstanding Wine Program
- Flight Wine Bar, Washington, D.C.
Outstanding Wine, Beer or Spirits Producer
Rising Star Chef of the Year
- Angel Barreto, Anju, Washington, D.C.
- Daniela Moreira, Timber Pizza Co., Washington, D.C.
- Paola Velez, Kith/Kin, Washington, D.C.
Best Chef: Mid-Atlantic (D.C., DE, MD, NJ, PA, VA)
- Victor Albisu, Poca Madre, Washington, D.C.
- Sunny Baweja, Lehja, Richmond, VA
- Amy Brandwein, Centrolina, Washington, D.C.
- Peter and Lisa Chang, Mama Chang, Fairfax, VA
- Zenebech Dessu, Zenebech Restaurant, Washington, D.C.
- Danny Lee, Anju, Washington, D.C.
- Cagla Onal-Urel, Green Almond Pantry, Washington, D.C.
- Peter Prime, Cane, Washington, D.C.
- Jon Sybert, Tail Up Goat Washington, D.C.