ALEXANDRIA, VA – The new sanitation safety program, ALX Promise, headed by the Alexandria Health Department (AHD) to help businesses reopen safely amid the pandemic. has been a hit in the community. Since it began on May 23, over 300 businesses have joined. More than 80 have already completed the training. And 35* of them are restaurants:
- Al’s Steak House
- Bastille Brasserie & Bar
- Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream
- Blackwall Hitch
- Cafe 44
- Cafe Pizzaiolo
- Casa Tequila
- Chop Shop Taco
- City Kitchen
- Dairy Godmother Frozen Custard & Nostalgic Treats
- Del Ray Pizzeria
- Fairlington Pizza
- Fish Market
- Hummingbird Bar + Kitchen
- Il Porto
- Junction Bakery & Bistro
- Kaizen Tavern
- Laporta’s Restaurant
- Momo Sushi & Cafe
- Murphy’s Irish Pub
- Northside 10
- Old Blue BBQ
- Peruvian Brothers
- Pop’s Old Fashioned Ice Cream
- Ramparts Tavern & Grill
- RT’s Restaurant
- San Antonio Bar & Grill
- Southside 815
- T.J. Stone’s Grill House & Tap Room
- Taqueria Picoso
- Taverna Cretekou
- Virtue Feed & Grain
- Yunnan by Potomac – a Noodle House
*The list grows every day--check here often for new sign-ons.
The ALX Promise Shield can be seen in the windows or doors of restaurants and retail shops that have been approved by AHD as safe for both customers and employees. The program is completely voluntary, so this can serve as reassurance to residents and visitors that their health is top priority.
As The Zebra reported late last month, to receive The ALX Promise Shield, businesses must complete the following steps:
1. Sign a pledge to follow all federal, state and local guidelines for reopening, including:
a) Following all proper cleaning and sanitizing procedures
b) Implementing physical distancing practices within their business
c) Requiring employees to wear appropriate protective gear and communicating an expectation that customers wear face coverings when physical distancing is not possible
2. Complete AHD’s employee training, which includes guidance on consumer safety and alcoholic beverage regulations.
3. Complete an individual consultation with the Alexandria Health Department to ensure the business is prepared to reopen in a safe and welcoming way.
4. Agree to follow all future guidance as Alexandria enters new phases.
For the COMPLETE list, click HERE.