Alexandrians: Nominate a Nurse for ‘Year of the Nurse Awards’
ALEXANDRIA, VA – During the novel coronavirus pandemic, nurses have shown a special dedication to their jobs and patients, both in hospital settings and community clinics. Earlier today, the Virginia Nurses Association announced that nominations for the 2020 Year of the Nurse Awards are now being accepted.
These awards are an extension of the Virginia Nurses Foundation’s Leadership Excellence awards, which according to a press release, “honor outstanding nurses throughout the commonwealth who have made exceptional contributions to the nursing profession.”
The 2020 Year of the Nurse Awards will spotlight 20 nurses throughout Virginia who have made significant contributions during the pandemic.
To be eligible for the award, nurses must:
- Be licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Be employed in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Nominees do not have to be frontline care providers. Nominations of exceptional nurses who have provided care and compassion across all areas of practice and specialties are welcome.
Nurses or people who are friends of anyone in the nursing profession can submit a nominee. To submit, click HERE. Please include the following:
- Completed online form
- Supporting narrative that addresses criteria (500 word maximum)
- One letter of support (Should be written by someone other than person submitting narrative)
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae or resume
Deadline for submissions is September 30 at 11:59 p.m. Finalist will be notified shortly after deadline.
There will be a virtual gathering and awards ceremony on October 17 at 7 p.m.
ICYMI: Alexandria Health Department Hosting Flu Shot Clinics, Sept. 26 and Oct. 3