Deadline to apply for the Peter Williams Memorial Scholarship is March 31
ALEXANDRIA, VA-Old Town Alexandria Connections (OTAC), a local business networking resource, is offering a scholarship opportunity to high school students in Alexandria. Applications are now being accepted for the Peter Williams Memorial Scholarship. The deadline to apply is March 31.
Application paperwork lists the following requirements:
1) This scholarship application is open to high school seniors currently enrolled in public or private schools located in Alexandria City or Fairfax County with an Alexandria address.
2) A complete application consists of:
- Typewritten answers to all questions.
- A letter of recommendation from someone that is knowledgeable about you, your leadership and/or your community service activities, printed on their letterhead (with their contact information on it);
- A copy of your most recent high school transcript (student-provided, unofficial transcript is acceptable);
- Your signature and date at the end of this application (signature can be electronic).
- The application is considered timely if received by midnight of the application deadline.
OTAC has presented the Peter Williams Memorial Scholarship since 2015. The winner will be announced mid-April. OTAC expects the presentation ceremony to be virtual.
For complete details, view the scholarship’s template HERE. The PDF document includes information about an essay question applicants must answer to be considered.
Who Was Peter Williams?
Prior to his 2014 death, Williams was a longtime business attorney, practicing for two decades in Old Town. He served as co-president of OTAC and believed strongly in giving back to the community. He was a volunteer with various business and civic organizations throughout Alexandria, including leadership positions with the Chamber of Commerce and his church.
Fellow co-president and attorney, Debbie Farson, conceived of the award to recognize high school students who carry on Williams’ way of giving.
OTAC instructs applicants to upload their applications and all related materials in PDF format by midnight on March 31. Find the upload link HERE.
To login, use the following credentials:
Password (case sensitive): OTACScholarship2021
1/26/2021 4:36 p.m.: This story has been updated.