Alexandria, VA – The Del Ray Business Association kicked off the new year by launching the I LOVE DEL RAY campaign, highlighting ways the Alexandria community can safely support locally owned small businesses during these challenging times.
“Now through April, you’re going to see a lot of marketing and promotion out there about all of our wonderful small businesses — both in-home and brick-and-mortar — and how we can support them through these tough upcoming winter months,” said Del Ray Business Association Marketing Chair Amy Eggers, of FLORA Design + Living.
Visit Del Ray’s social media channels, @visitdelray on Facebook and Instagram will spotlight individual businesses with special promotions, workshops, profiles, and more. The themes:
● NEW YEAR, NEW YOU: January 11-24 — spotlighting health, wellness, and beauty
● GET IT TOGETHER!: January 25-February 7 — spotlighting professional services
● SHOP ‘TIL YOU DROP: February 8-21 — spotlighting retail and at-home entrepreneurs
● EAT YOUR HEART OUT: February 22-March 7 — spotlighting restaurants
● SPRING CLEANING, March 8-21 — spotlighting professional services
● EXPLORE DEL RAY, March 22-April 4 — walking tours highlighting the history, murals, and more in our Del Ray community
“Del Ray is truly a one-stop-shop to eat, shop, and live your best life,” said Del Ray Business Association President Sue Kovalsky. “While Main Street is best known for our restaurants, retailers, and wellness providers, we also have experts on everything you need to take care of yourself, your home, car, finances, and more. Now more than ever, we need to support our neighbors and keep our dollars local.”
Shop small, shop local, and support your community! Follow @visitdelray on Facebook and Instagram, and learn more at visitdelray.com/ilovedelray.
ICYMI: The Stars of Del Ray