Alexandria Residents Encouraged to Take Part in Bike to Work Day May 21
ALEXANDRIA, VA- Bike to Work Day is May 21. Alexandrians can get exercise and participate safely. Related events and activities in the city will meet all current health guidelines. Physical distancing, mask-wearing, and group limits will all be in place.
Event details are not yet available, but participants can pick up t-shirts at various locations.
Bike to Work Stops
- Conte’s Bike Shop (1101 King St.), from 6:30 to 9 a.m.*
- Pedego Bikes (210 N. Lee St.), from 6:30 to 9 a.m.*
- Big Wheel Bikes (2 Prince St.), from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m.*
- Carlyle (300 John Carlyle St.), from 6 to 9 a.m.
- Del Ray (2704 Mt. Vernon Ave.), from 6 to 9 a.m.
- Fairlington Centre (1711 Centre Plaza), from 6:30 to 9 a.m.
- Mark Center North Parking Garage (across from 4825 Mark Center Drive), from 7 to 9 a.m.
- National Landing (3030 Potomac Ave.), from 3 to 6 p.m.
*City-sponsored pit stops will provide participants grab-and-go refreshments, swag and an opportunity to practice loading their bikes on a bus rack.
Bike to Work Day is free and open to all commuters, but registration is required. Register HERE.
There will be free t-shirts available to the first 15,000 riders who register and bike to one of the above locations.
The D.C. region’s Bike to Work Day, now in its 20th year, is seen as an environmentally friendly way to travel. It also promotes affordability and efficiency. The day is part of National Bike Month.
ICYMI: Goodwin House and George Mason University Partner for Memory Study