ALEXANDRIA, VA – On May 6, early voting will begin for the June 21 Democratic Primary Election in the City of Alexandria. The ballot includes a contest for the U.S. House of Representatives.
All registered voters in Virginia are eligible to vote by mail or in person. Virginia voters do not register by political party. Carefully review the information below to determine applicable deadlines, times, and locations.
VOTING IN PERSON
The deadline to vote early is Saturday, June 18, at 5 p.m. In-person early voting hours are as follows.
Office of Voter Registration & Elections (132 N. Royal St., Suite 100)
- Opens for early voting on Friday, May 6
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m–5 p.m.
- Closed Monday, May 30
Additional and Extended Hours:
- Monday, June 6, 8 a.m.–8 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 7, 8 a.m.–8 p.m.
- Saturday, June 11, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Sunday, June 12, 11 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 15, 8 a.m.– 8 p.m.
- Thursday, June 16, 8 a.m.–8 p.m.
- Saturday, June 18, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
VOTING BY MAIL
Applications to request a mail-in ballot must be received in the Office of Voter Registration & Elections by 5 p.m., Friday, June 10. Access an application in one of the following ways:
- By visiting vote.elections.virginia.gov to submit an application online.
- By downloading the application available on the City’s Elections webpage.
- By calling Voter Registration & Elections at 703.746.4050 to request that an application is mailed to you.
Completed ballots must be either returned to the Office of Voter Registration & Elections by 7 p.m. on Tuesday, June 21, or postmarked by June 21 and received in the office by noon on Friday, June 24. To vote in person, an application is not required. Applications should not be submitted before voting in person.
BALLOT DROP BOXES
Ballot drop boxes will be available at all polling places on June 21, from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. A secure outdoor drop box, under video surveillance, is available in front of the Office of Voter Registration & Elections, 24 hours a day, through June 21 at 7 p.m.
REGISTERING TO VOTE
The deadline to register to vote for the June 21 Democratic Primary Election is May 31. Visit vote.elections.virginia.gov to register, check registration status, or update an existing registration.
Visit alexandriava.gov/Elections for complete election information, including voter registration requirements, sample ballots, precinct maps and ID requirements.
For reasonable disability accommodation, contact angela.turner@