ALEXANDRIA, VA – The City of Alexandria reminds residents of early voting options for the June 21 Democratic Party Primary Election. All registered voters in Virginia are eligible to vote by mail or in person. Voters do not register by political party. Carefully review the information below to determine applicable deadlines, times and locations. In Alexandria, the ballot includes a contest for the U.S. House of Representatives.
VOTING IN PERSON
The deadline to vote early is Saturday, June 18 at 5 p.m.
Early voting hours are offered at the following times:
Office of Voter Registration and Elections (132 N. Royal St., Suite 100)
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Closed Monday, May 30
Additional and Extended Hours:
- Monday, June 6, 8 a.m.–8 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 7, 8 a.m.–8 p.m.
- Saturday, June 11, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Sunday, June 12, 11 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 15, 8 a.m.–8 p.m.
- Thursday, June 16, 8 a.m.–8 p.m.
- Saturday, June 18, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
VOTING BY MAIL
Applications to request a mail-in ballot must be received in the Office of Voter Registration & Elections by 5 p.m. on Friday, June 10. Access an application in one of the following ways:
- Visit vote.elections.virginia.
gov to apply online;
- Download the application available on the City’s Elections webpage; or
- Call the Office of Voter Registration & Elections at 703.746.4050 to request that an application is mailed to you. Please consider the mailing time required to receive the application.
Completed ballots must be either returned to the Office of Voter Registration & Elections by 7 p.m. on Tuesday, June 21, or postmarked by June 21 and received in the office by noon on Friday, June 24. To vote in person, an application is not required. Applications should not be submitted before voting in person.
BALLOT DROP BOXES
Ballot drop boxes will be available at all polling places on June 21, from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. A secure outdoor drop box, under video surveillance, is available in front of the Office of Voter Registration & Elections, 24 hours a day, through 7 p.m. on June 21..
ELECTION DAY VOTING
If you vote in-person on Election Day (June 21), you must do so at your designated polling place between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m. Confirm your voting location and registration at vote.elections.virginia.gov
- For June 21, note the following polling place changes:
- The Hermitage precinct will vote at F. T. Day Elementary School (1701 N. Beauregard St.).
- Approximately 300 voters in the Naomi L. Brooks precinct have been relocated to the Blessed Sacrament precinct; new voter cards were mailed to all affected voters.
- Approximately 300 voters in the George Washington Masonic Temple precinct have been relocated to the Chinquapin Center precinct; new voter cards were mailed to all affected voters.
- The Ladrey Senior Building precinct will vote at Charles Houston Recreation Center (901 Wythe St.).
- Douglas MacArthur School precinct will vote at The George Washington Masonic National Memorial (101 Callahan Drive).
For more information or for reasonable disability accommodation, contact Angela Turner, General Registrar and Director of Elections, at [email protected] or 703.746.4050, Virginia Relay 711.