By the Alexandria Beautification Commission
Alexandria, VA – 1) Alexandria offers more than 900 acres of parks and dedicated public space.
2) Alexandria has six community gardens; These gardens provide public land for residents to grow fruits, vegetables, and ornamental plants. Community garden located within the City of Alexandria are:
- Chinquapin Organic Gardens
- Dale St Community Garden
- Holmes Run Community Garden
- Jones Point Community Garden
- GW Community Garden
- Cora Kelly Community Garden
3) The beautiful Carlyle House Garden in Old Town is a certified wildlife habitat. Photographers need to register with the administrative staff before conducting photo shoots (there’s a small fee that supports the garden).
4) Every Saturday morning at the Old Town Farmers Market, the City of Alexandria hosts a Market Plant Clinic by Master Gardeners from 7:00 – 9:30 AM.
5) There are approximately 20,000 street trees in Alexandria and many thousands more in parks and on the grounds of public facilities.