THIS WEEK IN ALEXANDRIA HISTORY: CHURCH WOMEN THROW A BAZAAR IN 1900

On April 19, 1900, the women of Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church hosted a bazaar at the Odd Fellows Hall on North Columbus Street. The hall was decorated and booths offered confectionery assortments, lemonade, and flowers. The Alexandria Gazette reported that the “evening was enlivened with fine music and singing.”