ALEXANDRIA, VA – The Alexandria Economic Development Partnership and the City of Alexandria are launching the Alexandria Back to Business (ALX B2B) grant program on Thursday, June 4.
The program is designed to support small businesses with 2-100 employees that demonstrate they have experienced revenue loss of 25% or more due directly to COVID-19 and will be able to recover and remain sustainable.
Criteria to Apply
- Must demonstrate a 25% or greater decline in Gross revenues (i.e., revenue/sales before any expenses)
- Licensed in the City of Alexandria
- Located in the City of Alexandria
- In operation as of March 1, 2019
- For-profit entity
- Business is in “good standing”
- Intend to remain in Alexandria
- Business employees between 2-100 W2 employees (full or part time)
- Locally owned & operated
How Can Grant Money Be Used
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Other equipment and supplies to promote health and safety
- Technology to facilitate e-commerce and/or virtual business operations
- Professional services related to the design and construction/alteration of the built environment necessary to promote physical and social distancing, as well as the actual costs for alterations
- Initial cleaning and disinfection services prior to reopening
- Rent or mortgage costs required to be made in order to reopen/restart
The application will be open starting Thursday, June 4 at 8AM and will close on Monday, June 8 at 5PM.
How Much Are the Grants?
Grants will be provided in three amounts based on the business’s number of employees:
- 2-24 employees – $10,000
- 25-49 employees – $15,000
- 50-100 employees – $20,000
Applications can be submitted starting the Thursday, June 4 at 8AM through Monday, June 8 at 5PM.
For more information contact Alexandria Economic Development Partnership.