Animal Welfare League of Alexandria Looking for Youth Volunteers
Spring session is full, but stay tuned for developments about AWLA's summer plans
ALEXANDRIA, VA – Know a teenager who loves animals? The Animal Welfare League of Alexandria is reviving their popular Junior Volunteer program.
Starting this spring, the program teaches volunteers about animal welfare, care, adoption, and much more. It will be held twice a year during the spring and fall school semesters. Upon completion, participants will be able to volunteer with AWLA regularly at various times and in various roles.
There are eight mandatory training sessions that provide instruction on animal safety, including reading animal body language. Training is both virtual and in-person.
Spring session is already full, but stay tuned for developments about AWLA’s summer plans.
- All participants must be between 14 and 17 on the date that their session will start.
- All participants must provide proof of COVID vaccination.
- The registration fee for the Junior Volunteer Program is $125. This fee helps us offset the costs of the training sessions, educational materials, supplies, a volunteer t-shirt, name badge and a closing celebration event. Any remaining funds assist in the care of animals in need.
- A limited number of scholarships are available for families who demonstrate financial need. You may apply for a scholarship HERE. The application for our Spring 2022 program is due by February 7.
- Junior Volunteers are required to attend all sessions of their scheduled program. Please see the program schedule outlined HERE before registering. We will do their best to accommodate scheduling conflicts with advance notice and offer several in-person training sessions. Please email [email protected] if you have a conflict with any of the scheduled sessions prior to registering.
- Registration fees are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to other sessions.
Be sure to read the Junior Volunteer agreements and information packet HERE.
Have questions? Read the FAQ HERE or send an email to [email protected]
ICYMI: Scott Shaw Named ALX Chamber’s 2021 Business Leader of the Year