ALEXANDRIA, VA–On every third Thursday since May 2022, the Old Town Business Association has hosted Art Night, a self-guided tour of Alexandria’s fine arts and studio crafts.
On these third Thursdays, local art galleries, boutiques, and merchants offer free exhibits, wine tastings, art classes, seminars, DIY activities, and more. The evening lasts from 5pm-8pm and takes you through over a dozen local locations.
Returning July 21, these participating places will welcome you for a variety of art related activities.
- Galactic Panther – 1303 King Street
- Fiscus Glassworks – 1314 King Street
- Le Vintage – 1218 King Street
- An American in Paris-1225 King Street
- AR Workshop – 1212 King Street
- Shop Made in VA – 1121 King Street
- ESP Tea & Coffee – 1012 King Street
- Print This! – 1013 King Street
- Turkish Coffee Lady – 1001 King Street
- Wine Gallery 108 – 108 N. Patrick Street
- KYO Gallery – 111 S. Patrick Street
- Versailles Art Gallery – 923 King Street
- Ten Thousand Villages – 915 King Street
- A.Oei Studio – 121 S. Royal Street
- Boxwood – 128 S. Royal Street
- Principle Gallery – 208 King Street
- Intertribal Creatives – 106 N. Lee Street
- Made in ALX – 533 Montgomery Street
As you make your way from door to dining table to drawing room, you can also catch a glimpse of your favorite Old Town murals, or find new favorites to love. These colorful creations make great photo-opps:
- fibre space (2 murals), 1319 Prince Street
- Pacers Running, 1301 King Street
- Imagine Artwear, 1124 King Street
- ESP Tea & Coffee, 1012 King Street
- Bellacara, 1000 King Street
- Old Town Books, 130 S. Royal Street
- Founders Hall, 106 N. Lee Street
- The Linder Academy, 607 S Washington Street
Art Night in Old Town is a 6 month program, so after July 21, there will only be three more opportunities to fully dive into Alexandria’s art scene like you never have before: up-close, personal, free of charge. Fully immersive, all for one type of night
The remaining dates for Art Night in Old Town include Thursday, July 21; Thursday, August 18; Thursday, September 15; and Thursday, October 20.
Do not miss out on the fully immersive art experience. If you cannot make it to each destination in one night, come for the fall dates. Each location is also open at their own business hours, so you can plan visits in between Art Nights.
For more information on Art Night in Old Town, visit www.oldtownbusiness.org.
GOOD TO KNOW: What Restaurants are Wheelchair Accessible in Old Town