Alexandria Library customers now have free access to more than 30,000 films, with the popular on-demand film streaming service, Kanopy.
Cardholders can access Kanopy and start streaming films instantly by visiting http://alexlib.kanopy.com. Films can be streamed from any computer, television, mobile device or platform by downloading the Kanopy app for iOS, Android, Apple TV, Chromecast or Roku.
Kanopy is also accessible by hearing-impaired customers (with captions and transcripts) and visually-impaired individuals (compatible with technologies such as JAWS).
Kanopy provides customers with access to films of unique social and cultural value; films that are often difficult or impossible to access elsewhere, and programming that features diversity, with a wide array of foreign language films, films on race and current affairs, classic films and even the popular Great Courses series.
What to know:
• Cardholders have 8 play credits (checkouts) per month.
• The checkout period is 3 days (72 hours) and the film may be watched repeatedly during the checkout.
• All movies are available all the time – no waiting!
• New play credits are available on the first of the month.
• First time users will need to create a new account with your library barcode number. For more information, contact Digital Services Librarian Cara Sonnier at [email protected]