ALEXANDRIA, VA – Due to inclement weather, the City of Alexandria will celebrate its 273rd and the USA’s 246th birthday on Sunday, July 10, at Oronoco Bay Park (100 Madison St.). Admission is free.
Scheduled activities will go on as planned, including:
- 6 p.m. – Performance by DJ One Luv
- 7:30 p.m. – Town crier announces Mayor Justin Wilson; poetry reading by Alexandria Poet Laureate Zeina Azzam; acknowledgements
- 8 p.m. – Distribution of birthday cupcakes by members of City Council
- 8:30 p.m. – Performance by the Alexandria Symphony Orchestra
- 9:30 p.m. – Grand finale fireworks display
- Canal Center Plaza (Center Canal Plaza)
- Rivergate Park (2 Montgomery St.)
- Oronoco Bay Park (100 Madison St.)
- Founders Park (351 North Union St.)
- Waterfront Park (1A Prince St.)
- Point Lumley Park, (1 Duke St.)
- Windmill Hill Park (501 South Union St.)
- Fords Landing boardwalk (99 Franklin St.)
- Jones Point Park (Jones Point Drive)
- George Washington Masonic Temple (101 Callahan Drive)
Food Truck vendors will be available for the public along Pendleton Street, including Borinquen Lunch Box, Hard Times Café, Big Cheese Gourmet, A&B Soft Serve Ice Cream, and Snowie of Virginia.
Oronoco Bay Park has lawn seating, and participants are encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs and blankets. Food vendors will be on-site with a selection of hot food and cool treats. Grilling, smoking, tents, and large or staked umbrellas are not permitted. If groups or families are separated, an area for lost persons will be located at the City stage. Please leave pets at home and be mindful of your neighbors by refraining from smoking at this event.
Visitors are encouraged to bike, walk, or take alternative public transportation. For a list of garages and parking lots in the Old Town historic district, visit Where to Park in Old Town. Handicapped-accessible parking will be available on the 500 block of N. Fairfax St.