The library has a whole lot more resources available now on computer and you can even access them from home, some of which include:
- Early World of Learning, World Book Online’s early childhood digital resource is a child’s first encyclopedia, eBook, and introduction to core early concepts. With read-aloud across all functions, the 60 stories in “World of Reading” and “Trek’s Travels” tie learning together through videos, games, and printable activities. Twelve stories are available in both Spanish and English, and the worksheets also offer written instructions in Spanish.
- EBSCO MasterFILE Premier provides full-text magazines, reference books and primary source documents. It also includes an extensive image collection containing photos, maps and flags.
- EBSCO ReadIt! is designed for middle and high school students and adults who have a basic foundation in English grammar and reading but need adapted reading material for a variety of subjects. It offers resources to help build background knowledge, conduct research and improve study skills.
- Gale Career Transitions is an online career guidance center that walks users through the job-search process from beginning to end.
- Gale Legal Forms provides a wide selection of state-specific (and multi-state) legal forms across the most popular legal areas. It includes real estate contracts, wills, pre-marital agreements, bankruptcy, divorce, landlord tenant and many others. For example, if you are looking for forms for an uncontested divorce online you can find them.
- Novelist Plus offers reading recommendations for fiction and non-fiction, read-alike and listen-alike recommendations, series information and award winners all in one place.
- Rocket Languages use interactive audio, language and cultural lessons with reinforcement activities to help learn a foreign language.
The new resources are located on the Alexandria library website (alexlibraryva.org) and can be accessed from within the library and from home.